Wednesday, March 7, 2012

First Phrase

Arya said her first phrase today! Bradley has been trying to get Arya to say "I love you." He doesn't understand why she hasn't since it is the phrase she has heard the most in her life. Lately, if you say "I love you" to her she waves. I think it's because a lot of times people (like family) say it to her when going bye-bye. Daddy is still going to be disappointed- she didn't say "I love you." (There will be a post when she does!!"
I was hanging post cards on her bulletin board with her behind me. When I got done I turned around to see that she had pulled the majority of her diapers off the shelf onto the floor. I started to pick them up and she handed me one. I said "Thank you." She handed me another one and said in her sweet little voice "Thank you" very clearly! Then said it every time she handed me a diaper. I laughed and told her that actually her line would be "You're welcome." I have been working on "Thank you" with her, just whenever she gives me something I say it to her and she says...something back. I was pretty excited by this. :)
Here is some cuteness for you:

 This is a picture I snapped when Gramma and Grampa asked me to send them a picture. I think it's pretty good for a random snapshot.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Suzanne will love that her first phrase was Thank You! And you are teaching her to be polite early on-yea!!! But I can't wait to hear her say I Love You also!

    ReplyDelete