Saturday, December 1, 2012

Trying something new....

Sorry, this post doesn't have much to do with Arya.
So, where to start...
I never clued blog readers into this, but I have been losing weight. Since the week before labor day I have been doing the "Weight reduction plan" Take Shape for Life. You can learn more about it from my health coach, here. I have lost over 30lbs. It wasn't easy (and let me tell you, Thanksgiving weekend was TOUGH)!
So I am trying to stay on a healthy track and maintain my weight loss (one great thing about TSFL is that it has a transition and maintenance phase to help you do just that). One way I think I can work towards that is to plan my meals ahead. I have read a lot about meal planning making life more convenient (Bradley and I actually had a set menu a few years back). I recently read about meal plans again, on my friend Darci's blog.
I have two rules for each week. AT LEAST one meal per week has to be a brand new recipe, I have NEVER made before (thank you Pinterest!). AT LEAST one meal must be made in the crock pot. Also, my best friend Michelle always gives me a hard time that I never make soups- so, not EVERY week, but through out this winter, I will try to make some soups (I can hear her cheering now). I am also working on finding more meals that Arya will eat- this is tough since she won't touch chicken.
I am a little bit nervous about failing and not sticking to the plan, which is one reason I am posting it here. It will give me extra incentive to stick to here.

Dec. 2-Dec.8
Sun: Taco Salads
Mon:Pork chops, Brocolli, Salad
Tues: Swai fillets, Peas
Wed: Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, Corn (Never made before AND Crockpot)
Thurs: Date Night
Fri: Teriyaki Chicken, Peas
Sat: Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup (Never made before AND Crockpot, Oh and look, it's a soup)

Since you read this post, I will reward you with a dose of cuteness:

1 comment:

  1. lol...cuteness :) Congratulations on losing the pounds!!! :)

    ReplyDelete